I. QUESTIONS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF MY BUSINESS
Questions regarding my company’s vision, purpose, and values
1. Do I have a written vision, purpose, and values statement?
2. Was this statement generated by my team?
3. Do I have a program in place to assure that my organization lives by these standards?
Questions regarding my management team
1. Do I have the right management team in place?
2. Do I know, and am I leveraging the talents of my existing team?
3. Do I meet regularly and effectively with my team?
4. Do I have a leadership development program for my team in place?
5. What key person(s) do I need to add to the team this year?
6. Do I have a succession plan in place?
Questions regarding my processes
1. Do I have written processes for financial, marketing, and operations?
2. Were these processes developed by my team?
3. Are these processes reviewed and maintained regularly?
Questions regarding my financial plan
1. Do I have a true CFO in place?
2. Do I have a medium term financial plan in place?
3. Was it compiled and bought into by my entire team?
4. Do I update the plan and re-forecast it on a monthly basis?
5. Who updates and re-forecasts the plan with me?
6. Who and how do I communicate this plan and updates to?
7. Do I have a target exit or 5-10 year outlook?
Questions regarding my marketing plan
1. What is my unique value to the marketplace?
2. Who is my customer?
3. Do I have a written marketing/branding plan?
4. How is my internet and social media presence?
Questions regarding my operational plan
1. Do I have all the necessary operational procedures in place?
2. How can I optimize and/or reduce cost in my operation?
3. Do I have a quality assurance program in place?
4. What feedback am I receiving regarding the quality of my operations?
5. Do I have KPI’s established for my operation?
II. QUESTIONS FOR MY LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
Questions regarding my ability to commit
1. Do I have a written set of medium and long-term commitments?
2. Do my commitments include those for myself, work, and non-work areas?
3. Am I committed to the right things in each area?
4. Can I make and keep my commitments?
5. Do I effectively balance myself, work, and non-work commitments?
Questions regarding my views and beliefs
1. How often am I aware of the views and beliefs that shape my choices?
2. What views and beliefs are helpful for me?
3. What views and beliefs limit me?
4. What views and beliefs should I look deeper at?
Questions regarding my weekly and daily intentions
1. Do I set daily and weekly intentions that are aligned with my commitments?
2. Do I prioritize my intentions?
3. Do I have a regular weekly and daily reflection practice?
4. Do I pay attention to how well I follow through on my daily and weekly intentions?
5. What support do I have in place to close the loop on my accountability?
6. What support do I have in place to help develop and answer my key questions?
7. What is the source(s) of new information which I take into my mind each day or week?
Questions regarding my ability to be calm and focused
1. Do I know my most preferred talents?
2. Do I know my weaknesses?
3. Do I know the external and internal conditions/triggers when my talents are misapplied?
4. Do I know the external and internal conditions/triggers when my talents are applied
5. Can I stay calm and focused when I meet resistance during the day?
6. Do I have a regular practice that develops my ability to be calm and focused?