It is at this time of year when frustration sets in. Goals set, will not achieved. What was in the way? Achieving people meet and exceed their goals. So what's the secret?
The video to the left overviews the process I use for achieving goals. I use my own goals to model this approach. The three key documents are linked below;
I hope you find these tools useful. Be an achieving person!
My own mission, vision, lenses and goals are listed below. I share these to model
transparency and accountability to my members and clients.
Mission (What I do every day)
To help leaders see what they cannot,
while equipping them to achieve more than they imagined possible.
Vision (Where I will be in 3-5 years)
Make a sustaining impact with each hour worked in the lives of people,
companies and organizations I touch.
Be sought after by being known as committed, direct and a great listener.
Be grateful, supportive and authentic.
Lenses (Guiding principles to keep me on track)
1. Use time wisely
2. Make a sustaining impact
3. Be effective
4. Aligned with my values and beliefs
My core values
1. Significant work
My three things (The focus activities, most impactful)
Impact of one hour of my time = $16,566
Business Goals for 2017 (updated through 9/17)
1. Maintain 90% capacity across four groups and coaching clients (100%, 82%, 94%, 100%)
2. 90% attendance across all four groups (84.2%)
3. Attend Chairworld plus five VCG meetings plus 10 hours training (Completed)
4. Improve Vistage Chair effectiveness score quarter to quarter (9.0, 9.1, 9.4 – 9.0, 8.9, 9.1 – 9.5, 9.0, 9.1 – 8.7, 8.5, 9.0)
5. Double Sandler revenue from 2016 (+217% ytd)
Personal Goals for 2017 (updated through 9/17)
1. Lunch/ Dinner with Jill every week, 2 date nights per month and 4 trips 9 (completed – one trip remaining)
2. Spend one full day, one on one time with each child and grandchild. Consistently deepening relationships (incomplete)
3. Learn to play piano, practice 5 days per week (lessons weekly, not practicing enough)
4. Gym 5 days per week, maintain good labs and fitness (164 visits = 4.3 x/week)
5. Complete outline and working title for first book (completed)